Friday, January 28, 2011

Bonjour!...I mean, Gootentag?

Count them, 5 tickets for flights thus far in my hand and I have not even left yet. After all the goodbyes (hugs, kisses, hangouts, lunches, calls, emails, facebook messages, texts--welcome to 2011 where the number of ways to say goodbye even for a short 3 ½ months has become an event, and a half-tee hee, in itself) I was finally relaxed, stoked, and prepared enough when I boarded my plane at 11:15 AM. I had barely won over the armrest when the glorious chime rang in, “Due to delay and engine problems, we will be sitting here like sardines with no moving air for an hour before HOPEFULLY taking off”, well it wasn’t verbatim, but I’m practicing my translation methods before I leave.

I’ll spare you the details of my bobbing head nap, and explain that I finally have a new route due to the blizzard in my previous connection that is making Philly steak sandwiches soggy. I have traded in my beret and switched out for lederhosen, for I am off at 5:40 PM on a 12 hour, or so, flight to Frankfurt. Then from there I will trade in my stein of beer for champagne as I will finally arrive in Paris tomorrow.

For now I sit at the airport taking the first picture of thousands to come!  I made new friends already, a group of guys who had just come from Vegas and were turning concourse A into a remix of Tao, Pure, and Jet with their clubbin’ laptops. Oh and of course the one girl who comes up to ask for my help happens to be from France. She gave me kind words of guidance, “It will be hard for you, the school, the culture, the language, it will be so hard for you”. Thank you lovely mademoiselle, that’s comforting. Regardless of such inspiration, I am now popping in my ipod listening to the French man and repeating after him... “Au Revoir”!

Last view of U.S.A. before flying off, beautiful night to leave on!

No comments:

Post a Comment