Friday, January 28, 2011

Maybe it's because I took a picture of my food

Breakfast at Hotel Ibis: Hot chocolate, water, milk, fruit with cream, cheese, 
ham, crepes, nutella, apricot jam, croissant. 

What a great night sleep, finally being able to lay down without the humming drone of engines was amazing. I went to breakfast this morning (at 7 am which I am never up at this unglorious hour as no one should be but yay for time difference) included in my stay, and it was amazing! I need to get over the paranoia though, "why are they staring at me? is it because i'm the only one under 30 in here? Oh my god they know I'm american, it's too obvious! Maybe because I'm taking a picture of my food. Maybe because I'm the only one eating by myself who isn't an old man. Maybe because I took more than just one croissant for breakfast, or because I'm not drinking triple shots of espresso because who wants to be that wired right now. " Bahahahahaha...ya that needs to stop. 

I've learned just because you can ask something in French does not mean you will know the response--at all. Some woman at breakfast was laughing and pointing at the jam, then looked at me. I laughed and smiled and left with no idea what she was implying, "oh yes, I thought the raspberry jam was hilarious too ha ha". 

Glad to be out of airplane clothes, gross. Wearing boots today, threw away those other shoes finally. Still blisters, but they are getting better. I took solanyx to stop my cold/sore throat coming on, hopefully it helps. Feeling good, and hopefully looking better because every here is absolutely naturally beautiful--women and men, on TV and at hotel--geez.

Some things are universal, like babies crying. Seems obvious but I was surprised to hear some little French boy just wailing in the cafe, what?!? French babies don't complain, they are born chic. But there are some things that are weird and different, like having an antibiotic commercial with the music from X-Files in the background, why? Either way I laughed. Oh and like the hotel hairdryer in my bathroom, looks like an elephant trunk, took me forever to figure out, check this out!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great pictures and comments. You are a wonderful writer. I will look forward to following your adventures. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooooooo you!! Loves

    ReplyDelete